Advanced Certificate in Whole Brain Teaching
Welcome to the Advanced Certificate in Whole Brain Teaching!
Awake . Think . Create
Provider no. 12965
15 CPTD points
WHO SHOULD REGISTER?
All those educators who would like to ignite their passion for teaching.
PHASE 1: ONLINE ASSESSMENTS
GREAT EDUCATORS CHARACTERISTICS,
This self-rating online assessment covering 20 characteristics benchmarks you against great Educators.
Gain an understanding of what is required to be a great Educator.
See where you fall behind in your opinion and make the necessary changes.
PHASE 2: ONLINE WORKSHOP
ONLINE WORKSHOP OUTCOMES
This online workshop facilitates the creative and intellectual awakening and assists educators with Whole Brain Teaching. It is a program of true self-discovery, which facilitates individuals’ realization of their power and creative capacity by integrating the creative, emotional, and imaginative functions of the right brain with the logical, practical and strategic functions of the left-brain. This mind integration is essential to cognition, self-discovery, creative invention, critical thinking and effective pedagogy.
MODULE 1: IGNITING LONG-TERM MEMORY
Retaining large volumes of information as presented, is difficult for most learners. This section helps with the retention of all types of information and any subject.
- Optical Illusions.
- Brain puzzles.
- The brain & how it works.
- Memory exercises.
- Mnemonic systems to master Languages/Subject Vocabulary (A-Z).
- Mnemonic systems to master Equations, Formulae, Dates all things contain numbers. (0-9).
- Dealing with unfamiliar information by familiarizing the unfamiliar.
- Modification of old information.
Improved confidence & self-belief – critical components for success.
Maintain a passion for learning & teaching – critical for their development.
Whole Brain teaching – Using both right and left hemispheres for success.
Mastering unfamiliar/difficult words and concepts – nothing is difficult, just unfamiliar.
Students spelling improved – confidence in writing and reading.
Indefinite retention of information through long-term memory activation – confidence and less repetitive rote learning.
MODULE 2: LEARNING FROM A TEXTBOOK
- The practical methods “How to Learn/Prepare” are dealt with in this section.
- It is important for educators to really understand the content they are teaching and how learners need to learn it.
- Learning from a Textbook – TPQRWTR
- Classification of information.
- Identifying what is important.
- Finding all the questions and answers.
- Rewriting in Linear summarizing style.
- Keyword extraction.
- Develops an enquiring mind – right hemisphere activation.
- You will learn practical steps on how to prepare your lessons with a full understanding of the concepts you need to teach – Proper, preparation pays.
- Being able to simplify complex information without losing the truth is a critical component of real teaching.
- A reduction in learning/study time by 2/3 guaranteed – time savings, less pressure.
- Candidates learn the art of classification of information – analyzing technique.
- Identifying important concepts or ideas or facts – analyzing technique.
- Being able to find all the possible questions and answers – analyzing techniques.
- The preparation in linear style – brings order and simplicity to your course material and lecture notes.
- The ability to identify Keyword/Brain triggers – assists with presentation and teaching.
MODULE 3: LISTENING
Listening in class is one of the most important tasks of a learner’s day. To teach in a way that assists learners with the anticipation of important information is invaluable to long-term retention.
- Active listening skills.
- Note taking skills.
- Improved focus in class – undivided attention.
- Improved understanding of work being taught – helps educate the student.
MODULE 4: REAL EDUCATORS
Connecting with your students is paramount to their success.
- Inspiration & self-efficacy.
- Old vs. New paradigms of teaching.
- Educator transformation.
Motivation is external but inspiration comes from within.
Being aware of ‘New” ways of teaching helps with self-discovery.
MODULE 5: TEACHING NOT TELLING
The ability to ‘Teach’ and not ‘Tell’ is a critical factor in the student’s success.
- Rapport building.
- Body language.
- Voice Clarity, Tone, Pace, Volume & Inflection.
Being a dynamic, exciting and engaging lecturer.
Retaining student’s attention 100% of the time.
Interactive and stimulating discussion.
- Improved motivation & self-efficacy.
- Whole-brain teaching.
- Realization of full creative potential.
- Improved teaching methods.
- Improved morale amongst lecturers.
- Common lecturing practices.
- Improved teaching methods.
- Create a culture of dedicated learning.
- Fulfillment of the learning institution’s objectives.
- An invigorated institution.
- Sustainable improvement in the pass rate and the quality of graduates.
PHASE 3: ONLINE TEST / ASSESSSMENT
Candidates need to complete an online assessment and certificates will be issued to candidates who obtain a mark above 80%.
|Introduction to whole brain teaching|
|Introduction to WBT: Part 1_Body Mind Intellect||00:00:00|
|Introduction: Part 2_Be, 10 Steps, Fear, Whole Brain Learning||00:00:00|
|Introduction: Part 3_How it Thinks, Learning Characteristics & Memory Tests||04:00:00|
|Memory 0-9: Equations, Formulae, Dates etc||00:00:00|
|Memory A-Z: Part 1_ Left & Right Hemispheres, Inquisitive Mind||00:00:00|
|Memory A-Z: Part 2_Visualization & Association, 2×2, Brain Chain||00:00:00|
|Memory A-Z: Part 3_Unfamiliar words, Sight & Sound Mnemonic||00:00:00|
|Learning from Textbooks|
|Learning from Textbooks: Part 1_Words vrs Learning, Keywords||00:00:00|
|Learning from Textbooks: Part 2_Classification , Descriptive Headings||00:00:00|
|Learning from Textbooks: Part 3_TPQRWTR||00:00:00|
|Learning from Textbooks: Part 4_Linear Style, Coca-Cola||00:00:00|
|Learning from Textbooks: Part 5_Time Management, Coca-Cola Answer||00:00:00|
|Whole Brain Learning Quiz||03:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.